Friday, November 26, 2010

4th International Seminar ED-LTC SWCU Salatiga Indonesia

The 4th International Seminar held on November 24-25,2010 at SWCU Salatiga, Indonesia.
It's been a fantastic international seminar for me because it was the first international seminar I joined.
The materials or the topic that the committee presented were so good so far because these are related to my field, in the language and literature faculty (english department).
My favorite sessions were on Mr.Munkundan's on "creative writing" topic, another was from my lecturer, Bu Henny, on the multilingual session, I think. She was presenting the true identity which became the unanswered questions in her class, CCU, so that she brought an interesting topic. Others came from Monash University Australia, Roby Marlina and Christine Namara, who each brought the issues of culture amongst his students there and the study of using narrative stories by her students.
A session from Mr. Michael Barlow was an incredible one for me. It is caused by his first impression in presenting about corpus which I used to know nothing about it. Then I found that corpus helps students or teachers to find another way to introduce native-like language so that we do not always stuck with the grammar pattern.
Also, a session with Mr. Mukundan from Malaysia was quite interesting too because I had a chance to make a poem. A simple one and it made me think that poem is not that frightened. My simple poem was about "hello-goodbye poem" : Hello Sexy, Goodbye Sweety. Others were quite difficult for me because a "situation" that made under a good mood. However, overall his session was very interesting.

"Cultural Night"
It was the one I love so much.
It was not because the glamorous party but it gave a beautiful memory for me and my friends.
Candra (my friend) and I were joining a dance session with others.
They joined, danced together, ran, had salsa and others type of music.

And, my poster presentation's response,
was out of my mind.
It was nice to think about how they were interested in my poster.
Then some my friends and teachers gave a good appreciation for me.
IT IS NICE TO BE TRUE BUT IT WAS TRUE . IT IS!
:D

1 comment:

  1. I was very sad because I couldn't join in that cultural night! Could u please upload some photos that u had about cultural night? Thx

    ReplyDelete